Attorney for Bankruptcy in Houston
Bankruptcy Warning Signs
Many are suffering from our economic recession, losing jobs or getting their hours or pay cut. The result can be debt piling up with not enough money to pay all the bills every month. There are usually warning signs that your credit situation is worsening and that
bankruptcy might be looming. To help you avoid bankruptcy, or to assist you with the filing process if that is what your situation warrants, a
bankruptcy attorney at our firm be happy to meet with you and discuss your specific situation. We take on cases throughout Houston. You can also watch a helpful video regarding potential
bankruptcy warning signs. Below are some of the signs to watch out for if you wish to avoid filing.
- Falling behind on credit card payments
- Creditors refusing to work with you on lower monthly payments when you are already behind
- Increase in interest rates on credit cards due to late payments
- The balance on your credit cards keeps increasing each month
- Monthly minimum payments on credit cards keeps increasing each month
- Having to borrow money from a "pay day" loan company
- Used all of your available credit on some of your credit cards
- Using credit cards to pay other credit card payments
- No savings for retirement because you have no money left over each month
- Behind on one or more payments on your home or car payments
- Being able to cover normal living expenses, but not enough to catch up or get ahead
- Creditors are calling you at home or work
- Borrowing money from a retirement plan or home equity loan to pay creditors
- You have trouble sleeping at night because of the stress of not enough income
- Fighting with your spouse because of finances
Prevent Filing - Talk to a Lawyer in Houston
The above warning signs indicate you need to do something different about your finances. It does not make sense to continue with your current situation. By contacting our office, we can assist you in making an informed decision as to whether you need to file for bankruptcy or if there is some other option that will work towards handling your debts. Our goal is to have you eliminate as much debt as possible, or get your payments reduced to a manageable level so that you can move forward with your life and get your finances back in order.
At the Malaise Law Firm, our attorneys have over 40 years combined experience in the Houston, Texas area helping people by providing caring and personal attention to their needs.
Contact a Houston Bankruptcy Lawyer at our firm.